Monday, July 30, 2018

Spy


It was the worst day of my life. I do not wish to narrate this story and I have kept it inside me for a long time until now for I cannot stand it any longer. It was summer and the sun was scolding. I saw a girl lying, deadly wounded. Naturally, I rush her to the hospital and I followed her treatment until she was on her feet back again. After that, I learn that she was a foreigner and that she was here by accident. She didn’t have a place to stay so I help her and become her cash cow. I help her learn the language and admitted her to university and she learns the native culture. As the time pass by I learn to trust her and that was the biggest mistake I made. 20 years later she told me why she was with me and I was shocked.
I abandoned the country I live in and everything that has to do with people. I lived under the ecstasy of that for many years. The last day I saw her she was very calm and happy. She invited me for dinner in a restaurant and after the meal was finished she looks into my eyes and said: “Do not make this mistake again” she said do not trust anyone again. “I was here for twenty years to watch you and I have today living with a victory as the most successful spy the world has ever seen.”


By: Bilal Rabiu KOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment