Thursday, July 5, 2018

The Missing Pearl in the Life of a Beautiful Girl



There was this beautiful girl who lived in a village. She was the most beautiful girl to have ever lived in that village. She was so beautiful that everybody in that village and even people from the nearest villages want her hand in marriage. Because of her beauty, she attracts interests from both the rich and the poor, the kings and princes, the ugly and the handsome, the businessmen and the local workers, but the interesting thing about her is that she always denies everybody.

Whoever proposes to her, she will go like “No, thank you.”

One day, a handsome poor young man in her village proposed to marry her. She looked at him from head to toe and said: “No, thank you.”

This poor young man felt sad and was disheartened by the looks and the answer she gave him.

He thought that maybe she said no because he wasn’t that rich and that he decided to move from that village to the nearest village with the aim of working hard and becoming rich. Having the thought that, he will be rich, come back to the village and propose to this beautiful girl again.

After years of hard work, this handsome poor young man came back to his old village as rich as he aimed to be and asked about the beautiful girl and where she lives. He was directed to her house. Without waste of time, he went straight to the house. He knocked at the door but there was no answer.

He knocked for the second and after the third time, there comes a very short, dirty, and ugly old man opening the door and right after the ugly old man follows the beautiful girl.

This handsome young man was astonished and kept looking at her with a strange face. The first question he asked her was, ‘Who is this ugly man?’ and she answered: ‘My husband’. She made him more surprised and astonished.

But he continued with his questions ‘Why him?’ after all, you are beautiful and you could have married any kind of man you wanted, rich and handsome.

The beautiful girl said to the young handsome man: I will answer your question but before I answer you, I want us to play a game and after the game, I will tell you why I had to marry this ugly man.

So the beautiful girl took this handsome young man to a big garden full of wonderful and beautiful flowers. She said to him, I want you to go into this garden of flowers and get me the most beautiful flower you could find. But the rule of the game is, if you bypass a flower without picking it, you can’t come back for it again.

Meaning you can only pick from the ones in front of you and you can’t come for the ones you have already left. So, it was agreed, and the handsome young guy went into the garden of flowers and started the search for the most beautiful flower he could find for the girl.

The first flower he saw was beautiful and smells good! He wanted to pick that for her but something came into his mind, that, what of if he moves a little bit further maybe he could find more beautiful ones for her.

So he kept on bypassing all the flowers thinking that the deeper he goes into the garden the more there is a chance for him finding the most beautiful flower for her ignoring all the other ones. He continued moving until he got to the end of the garden where the flowers at the end were all dead flowers and not even nice to look at.

He wanted to come back and pick from the previous beautiful flowers but then he remembered the rule of the game which was, there is no going back.

So at that point, he couldn’t afford coming back empty handed so he decided to pick from the dead flowers and he brought it to her. She asked him why the dead flower when there were a whole lot of beautiful ones.

He said: yes I could have picked from all these beautiful flowers the first time I entered the garden but I thought the more I move the more I have the chance of finding the best for you. But before I realized, I was at the end of the garden where there were only the dead flowers and according to the rule, I can’t pick from the ones I already left. So my only option was to pick from the dead ones for you.

Then the beautiful girl said to him, in fact, this is the answer to the question you asked me about my husband. Actually, I know that I am beautiful but I always thought that I will be finding someone better than the people who proposed to me so I kept saying no to everyone. It got to a certain point where I had no other option than to choose from the ugly ones because no one was interested in me again, thinking that my answer will always be a no to them.

THE END

Now it’s your turn…..tell us what you’ve learned from the story in the comment box. Have you ever experience anything of that sort in your life? Let’s learn from each other’s experience.

By: Yaqoub Ali

1 comment: